When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Senior Manager, HR role is uniquely positioned to support two sites as well as be involved in work directly tied to Thermo Fisher’s digital transformation. The role will be responsible for driving execution of talent strategy for the Guilford, CT site which houses Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) and the Digital Science Business Unit (DSBU) site in Branford, CT. With the site in Branford, CT being acquired into Thermo Fisher Scientific in 2017, this role will also be responsible for driving any outstanding integration work. Additionally, this individual will also have the opportunity to participate in project work for our HR Corporate team and drive talent-related work for our Corporate Marketing function which is responsible for our company Brand Strategy, CAS (customer allegiance score) and our evolving Data Science COE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide HR support, process knowledge, advice and consultation to employees and managers in the Digital Science Business Unit, Guilford, CT site and Corporate functions such as; Marketing.
- Drive to closure any outstanding integration work that is outstanding due to business needs and planned processes.
- Help drive company culture and structured process in areas such as; Performance Management, AOP and headcount, Recruiting and Compensation.
- Drive recruiting partnership between Talent Acquisition organization and business partners hiring for key roles.
- Partner with other HR colleagues with in Corporate and other divisions to help drive one HR culture
- Perform HR analytics to help understand greater organization and ultimately to help drive impact related decisions
- Collaborate and partner with global HR to work through people strategy and processes in APAC and EMEA as well as Latin America.
- Partner with Business HR Partners on strategic projects and initiatives for BU and Corporate leaders.
- Promote positive employee relations and build relationships with employees and managers to become a trusted advisor
- Coach functional leadership in assigned client groups on issues including application of HR policies and processes and complex employee issues. May coach employees and leaders on people management, career development, personal leadership, and 360 assessments.
- Consult with local and/or functional leaders in areas such as organizational assessment, succession planning, organizational structure, and work force planning change management in order to strengthen overall organizational capability.
- Ensure alignment of HR processes i.e. Human Resources Review (HRR), Performance Management and Development (PMD), and Compensation planning
- Conduct Employee Relations investigations and/or work through the ER COE to help provide recommendation for resolution.
- Handle escalations from HR1 Solution Center to resolve client queries and issues as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Corporate HR team on defining and implementing process standardization and improvements.
- Collaborate with COE Process Experts to execute and implements large scale HR initiatives (i.e., roll out annual programs, new programs/policies, etc.).
- Drive recruitment efforts within established division guidelines working with the Recruiting COE. Partner with managers in establishing hiring and compensation strategies.
- Familiar with complex FMLA, Worker’s Comp, STD and LTD issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated success translating business strategies into organizational and HR strategies and actions.
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands-on exposure to the full mix of HR functions in a global environment.
- Experience with Process Improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)
- Experience working across a complex organizational matrix. Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and policies have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
- He/she should be someone who is sought out for their opinion and advice and who can forge and maintain close relationships across all constituencies.
- Self-motivated; bias for action.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business or business-related field required. Master’s degree in HR-related field strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years+ of experience as a Human Resources generalist/Manager with a large, multi-national company.