When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Are you an experienced C++ developer? Would you like to accept a change and join a new team of software engineers in a well-established international company? Would you be willing to take over the responsibility for development of critical software modules in the world's most powerful electron microscopes? Do nanotechnology, physics or hardware control challenge you?
Role and responsibilities:
- Design and implement product features in C++ on Windows platform
- Verify functionality on real microscopes
- Work on the most complex technical problems and provide smart solutions
- Collaborate with a team of skilled software engineers in Brno, Eindhoven (NL) and Hillsboro (USA)
- Very good knowledge of C++
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good understanding of software development processes and tools
- Academic degree in Computer Science and 3+ years of programming experience
- Sound communication skills, active knowledge of English
- Willingness to travel abroad
- Knowledge of MS Visual Studio and Windows development
- Knowledge of STL, Boost, COM, C#, C++11
- Experience with hardware control