SCM, Build, Release & Tools Engineer (Junior)
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The R&D Software Engineering Tools and Infrastructure (SETI) team is responsible for supporting all software engineering teams within MSD R&D. We are a global team handling infrastructure, configuration management, software tooling, process automation and developer support for the R&D organization.
- Administer and maintain source control repositories, build systems, build automation servers, and associated scripts
- Continuously improve the software configuration management, deployment procedures, build and test infrastructure
- Develop scripts for automation and software development support
- Collaborate with software development and test teams to understand their needs
- Analyze root causes of failed builds and smoke tests in a structured way
- Ensure stability of the build and test environment.
- Collaborate with the global team on improvements.
If you enjoy working in a dynamic multi-disciplinary technical environment and like to solve complex technical problems. If you are energized by solving such problems, while maintaining a highly stable software development infrastructure for high-performance systems, this is an excellent opportunity to change the world. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Software configuration management (e.g. Git, Subversion, Rational Team Concert preferred)
- Basic knowledge of C++ or C#
- Basic understanding of software development processes
- Knowledge of MS Visual Studio and build processes
- Web servers and web-based tools installation and maintenance experience (e.g. Apache Tomcat, Windows IIS and/or IBM WebSphere)
- Virtualization technology
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Perl or PowerShell, Windows batch scripting.
- Active knowledge of English
- Build automation with VisualBuild
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Familiarity with SQL, HTML, Hudson, MSBuild, Nant/Ant, TeamTrack, IBM Jazz
- Active knowledge of VM Ware
- Experience with Java, SOAP
- DevOps implementation
- Strong analytical view combined with a pragmatic and hands-on attitude (flexibility).
- Results-driven with a ‘can do’ mentality and an eye for quality.
- Proactive and self-responsible.
- Curious, fast learning, mostly on the job.
- Willing to incidentally work outside office hours.
- Very good communication skills
- Ability to work with globally distributed teams
You must be eligible for a passport and willing to travel.