Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Our Laboratory Products Division is looking for its new
Digital Channel Business Development Manager EMEA
The position of Digital Channel Business Development Manager is fundamental to ensuring incremental growth for LPD via this route to market, whilst at the same time, being considerate to the existing channels to market, so creating as little disturbance and channel shift to our primary channels of focus.
- Develop growth for the eCommerce Channel without putting our existing channel relationships at risk
- Develop digital sales with Selected Channel Partners, in collaboration with Channel Managers and Marketing teams
- Ensure that promos we run on the web to drive eCommerce revenue is not conflicting with other initiatives we have going with the other channels
- It will be part of the channel team, ensuring we grow this new channel in context with the other channels
- Interact with the channel team as well as the Regional Market Development Managers, who develop eBusiness promos as part of their growth strategy.
- Be the touch point for EMEA to the global LPD eCommerce Manager, who will support driving eBusiness promos globally and will help to practically get these on the web at the time we need it to be there.
- Ensure conflict is avoided by managing the timing of campaigns with VWR, CCG and Tier 2 partners
What you bring:
You have the ability to work well within a matrixed organization and to create and implement business development plans, also strong organizational and time management skill. Preferably, you have a science qualification, degree or equivalent and have experience working with distributors in the laboratory supplies market.
You are an influencer and are able to bring your stakeholders in win/win situations.
You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English, live near an airport and are willing to travel within EMEA (20-30%)