When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Job Title: Food & Beverage Applications Development Scientist
The Food & Beverage Vertical is a global team which has been created to truly advance the market-specific solutions and capabilities developed and offered in the Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD), Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) within Thermo Fisher Scientific. By enhancing the products and services within the division and enabling our commercial channels to effectively go to market, we know that we can make our Food & Beverage customers more successful, faster. This highly dynamic team of accomplished marketing scientists has been given the responsibility for designing impactful workflows and applications to execute business strategies and marketing campaigns. In this newly established Customer Applications Center (CAC) team, we look to an experienced scientist to build key applications and marketing tools to enable the business functions within CMD business units and commercial channels to make our customers more successful.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and grow the Food & Beverage brand equity of Thermo Fisher Scientific, for all CMD products.
- Bring a keen understanding of customer requirements and competitive market dynamics.
- Define new/emerging/niche applications and workflows.
- Workflow testing/validation and resonant marketing content generation.
- Support Food & Beverage marketing demonstration systems in the field.
- Work with and support key opinion leaders, regulatory bodies and Strategic food & beverage Customers.
- Provide knowledge and support in the creation of CMD workflow and application roadmaps and resonant customer solutions.
- Perform competitive bench marking and assist with product positioning.
- Train and enable the field demonstration and applications support teams.
- Support annual marketing campaigns with voice-of-customer (VOC), technical data and positioning.
- Attend relevant trade shows, conferences, workshops and sales meetings to present scientific data, support awareness and lead generation.
- Work with local regulatory organizations to provide alignment and visibility of Thermo Fisher Scientific products and services.
- Support the creation and deployment of commercial sales training to improve selling skills and proper positioning of CMD products and services.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry or related subject; MSc/Ph.D would be highly desirable.
- > 5 years’ hands-on experience working with chromatography and/or mass spectrometry analytical instrumentation.
- Keen understanding of Food & Beverage industry, commercial drivers and industry dynamics.
- Prior experience in applications solution development/deployment, and/or experience in analytical support.
- Ability to travel 25-30 %.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Comfortable with working within a matrixed organization, with multiple groups and stakeholders.
- Capacity to develop a strategic understanding of the Thermo Scientific brand, the food sciences industry, analytical instrumentation, consumables and software.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, presentation, communication (verbal and written) and influencing skills.
- Proven track record of managing multiple complex individual/ team assignments autonomously and on time.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A team player with a bias for action and driving projects to completion.
- Open, honest communicator, with solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan, execute and measure with a strong sense of urgency to drive results.
- Collaborative approach to developing and sharing strategy, tactics and analytics.
- Strong ability to form relationships with commercial and business unit counterparts and influence without authority. Responsive to commercial needs.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Demonstrates Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.