When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. This position is located in Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to multiple VP’s within the MSD business and their direct reports.
- Provides administrative support, including but not limited to calendar maintenance, answering, screening, and directing all calls as well as prioritizing messages for leaders.
- Arranges meeting logistics across multiple locations and provides agendas and minutes as necessary.
- Modify/update presentations in Power Point, reviews email, and prioritizes actions as directed.
- Processes invoices for payment as necessary.
- Maintains organization charts, strategic account data, and contact lists.
- Makes all travel arrangements and reservations and provides summary itineraries for each trip.
- Assists with expense reports.
- Manages various special projects and events as necessary including schedules, logistics, communications, and coordination of activities.
- Support and coordinate events including seminars, executive programs and customer relations programs.
- Follows up with attention to detail is necessary to insure that objectives are met.
- Plans and schedules his/her workload and that of her supervisors.
- Strong experience in executive management.
- Manages their own time, schedules and plans and meets or exceeds all deadlines.
- Produces customer quality work at all times.
- Solves logistical and operational problems in a timely and cost effective way.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or equivalent related work experience. High school diploma/equivalent required.
- 10+ years relevant work experience supporting executive leaders.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a matrix management environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and Outlook as well as experience with utilizing PowerPoint for presentation preparation.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Note: This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.