Lead Financial Analyst
Standardization and Customer Optimization
Provide financial support for standardization and leverage financials tools to drive customer optimization. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Project lead for commercial finance process and tool enhancements for RSD
- Proforma template enhancements
- Price model enhancements
- Standardized savings reports
- Product Standardization Support:
- Lead the standardization process from identifying customer opportunities, collaborating with Cross Reference and eBusiness and communicating with the commercial leads. Determines turnaround times and ensures deadlines are met
- Work closely with the commercial team to develop strategic targets for standardization with a goal of providing customer savings and/or profit improvement opportunities.
- Develop customer facing reporting that can be utilized during scheduled business reviews or proactively to illustrate potential savings or vendor consolidation opportunities.
- Achieve annual targets set for customer savings, revenue generation and profit improvement.
- Lead and coordinate profit improvement initiatives for the Division working with GSP and GPI.
- Support the identification of other profit improvement initiatives across RSD commercial finance team leveraging PPI/Lean tools
- This position will be highly visible in the organization having interaction with Sr Leadership on both the commercial and finance teams
- Candidate will demonstrate robust financial acumen in several areas including financial analysis, forecasting, reporting, internal control, and technical accounting knowledge.
- The ideal candidate will exhibit leadership, initiative, and the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
- The ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, incorporate external and internal information, draw conclusions from ambiguous data, and effectively benchmark results against appropriate baselines.
- The ability to analyze and communicate variances to management is required