When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Product Manager is a global position which enhances the value of the product portfolio with the development and implementation of new products and management of existing products within the Laboratory Plastics Essentials Business Unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The Product Manager reports to the Senior OEM Product Manager and is responsible for the execution of objectives and decisions for the automation consumables OEM product portfolio and select products within the Diagnostics and Packaging portfolio. The role is responsible for developing and executing the portfolio’s strategic plan, driving product development, and supporting the commercial team in identifying and pursuing new business opportunities that ultimately increase revenue and market share within the OEM and Diagnostics and Packing product portfolios.
What will you do?
Product Life Cycle Management
- Develop the positioning strategy of all products and services considering price, volume, share and profitability.
- Responsible for defining regional strategy and sales tactics to increase revenue including product pricing with commercial teams.
- Lead cross-functional new product development teams and all product management aspects associated with product definition, product development, pricing, market introduction, sales tools, and promotion plans.
- Ensure assigned products are responsive to market needs, drive continuous improvements where needed to maintain and/or improve market penetration and share position.
- Monitor and assess competitive products and programs and as a result develop and implement proactive strategies to strengthen the product line’s competitive edge.
- Active participation in cross-functional new product development teams
- Work with the commercial, R&D, finance, and project management teams to create RFQ’s for large projects.
- Evaluate assigned products for obsolescence and communicate recommendations for cost effective product management.
- Play an active role in the strategic planning process (STRAP) to help develop and define the strategic path forward for the portfolio.
- Create, manage and monitor business plans & product road map for all new and existing products
- Build relationships with major OEM customers through leadership on new projects, supply chain, monthly performance analysis, and quarterly business reviews.
- Manage contract reviews and any issues that arise with major OEM customers.
Product Line Performance
- Lead all product management related activities and champion cross-functional activities to maximize overall product line performance including revenue growth, margin improvement, cost reduction, quality and delivery.
- Analyze, interpret, and report out monthly management reports in regards to product sales activity to budget, programs, market and channel trends and competition
Market Research and Competitive Intelligence
- Conduct research and maintain relevant market data and competitive intelligence. Interpret product/market information via surveys, market/product analysis, focus groups and customer feedback.
- Generating competitive product analyses to identify differentiators and inform development processes to aid in developing winning products.
- Synthesize conclusions from such research to communicate key findings to other key stakeholders and drive action.
- Develops materials for the assigned products and supports training programs.
- Specify, plan, and participate in industry conferences and exhibitions.
- Understands how the businesses operates and demonstrates knowledge of policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting the organization and industry
How will you get here?
- Minimum of a BS or BA with an MBA highly preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in product planning and product life-cycle management or commercial experience.
- Strong educational background in Engineering or Sciences, consistent with the In Vitro Diagnostic, Medical Device, Pharma, or Biotech market segments
- Ability to conduct financial analyses, develop financial models and interpret P&L statements as they relate to the product portfolio.
- Experience in developing and launching new products.
- Strong technical capabilities consistent with market segment.
- Experience working with customers, commercial teams and varied sales channels.
- Requires up to 30% travel including international.
- Able to work effectively globally in a multinational/multicultural environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven ability to influence and lead convincingly, to drive cross-functional teams to success in challenging and ambiguous situations. Experienced working in a matrixed organization.
- Must work well with others – inspires trust and open communication amongst team members and peers. Passionately shares Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 4i values.
- Global mindset, excellent communication and presentation skills, including strong active listening skills.
- Results and proactive solution driven, the ability to think critically to overcome potential business hurdles to complete tasks – willingness to do what it takes to get things done.
- Demonstrated ability to question the status quo and drive change successfully.
- Detail oriented individual
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.