The Sales and Service Operations Group provides superior customer service to all internal and external customers by assuring clean sales order processing, tracking, and communications out to the account team and MSD customers. Success comes as a combination of outstanding communication, excellent knowledge of complex MSD policies and procedures, and a general understanding of MSD tools and product divisions.
The Sales and Service Operations Manager ensures superior customer service, maximization of revenue and profitability by establishing goals and leading the team to successful achievement. The manager acts as liaison and partner to Sales and Service management and cross functional groups to develop mutually agreed targets, processes and goals; Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function, and continuously looks for optimization and efficiency in administrative processes.
- Direct responsibility for the daily operation of the Sales and Service Operations group.
- Develops and administers budget, schedules, and performance requirements.
- Monitors progress in KPI performance such as open service call volume, processing of billables, and part returns as examples and sales metrics such as booking clean orders into the factory and tender support in sales cycle.
- Coordinates activities to guarantee that contractual agreements with customers and others are met.
- Measures, develops, supports and motivates personnel to attain or exceed established goals.
- Delivers monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as requested including team performance reporting.
- Makes budgetary recommendations on capital expenditures and labor requirements.
- Directs, coordinates and participates in continuous improvement initiatives and team building activities.
- Continually analyzes business needs and addresses through org design, process change, and team development.
- Supervises all aspects of the employment process: selection of personnel for employment, coaching and development, promotions, transfers, performance management, etc.
- Ensures that the quality of team work meet identified team deliverables.
- Acts as the liaison for SSOC with all divisions, departments and field operations to remain informed of policy and procedural changes.
- Ability to manage staff, assign specific duties, and create a constructive and cooperative working relationship between the SSOC teams as well as other cross functional groups.
- Typically requires a University degree and 10 years of experience in a similar sales and service environment with a minimum of 4 years of management experience.
- Experience building and maintaining processes with continues quality improvement.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing applications. Prefer advanced knowledge of Excel, Access, or other query and database tools.
- Working knowledge of ERP and CRM systems.
- Excellent communication skills with employees, peers, and senior level of management.
- Skilled at persuasive communication.
- Experience in managing a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience with GAAP and SOX compliance in a publicly traded company.
- Experience with international freight transit of capital equipment a plus.