6 Month Fixed Term Contract
The Customer Care Representative is responsible for providing service to our customers and clients through the placement and monitoring of orders. You will need to be able to provide a high level of courteous, efficient customer service for our customers and to contribute to business development and growth in sales.
- Deliver & maintain a high level of service to customers.
- Process telephone, mail, email and fax orders.
- Provide pricing, availability, cross-reference, researching & sourcing of products for customers.
- Up-sell best buy/ first choice/and other products as requested.
- Proactive outbound calls according to Company marketing campaigns, quotes follow-up &/or as allocated.
- Forward potential product leads to sales representatives.
- Prepare Returns Authorizations and credits for processing and ensure that they are within Company guidelines
- Communicate effectively with customers and employees.
- Comply with the company’s quality systems ISO 9000 and operating procedures.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude whilst being committed to the company values of integrity, intensity, innovation, involvement.
- Customer service skills and experience – essential.
- Tertiary qualifications in Science or related degree - science or biological science topics - preferred/highly desirable.
- Laboratory or Healthcare experience – desirable.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Be able to work effectively (and in good humor) in a high paced environment ensuring all tasks are performed to completion and on time.
- A team player who interacts well with all internal customers.
- Ability to apply numeric and literacy skills to tasks.
- Intermediate level competence in computer skills; specifically the Microsoft Office suite applications – Excel, Word and Outlook.