Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Fisher Scientific Austria GmbH, located at Dresdner Straße 89, 1220 Vienna, is a 100% subsidiary of Thermo Fisher Scientific. At our site we employ appr. 100 employees, offering a broad spectrum of sales and services such as the Customer Channels Group (CCG).
Regional Sales Manager Austria & Switzerland (f/m)
Achieve or exceed sales and profit targets for your sales region through effective leadership of the regional sales team.
- Develop and execute a strategic and tactical sales plan for specified region to ensure revenue and gross margin objectives are met with a team lead of 10-12 Direct Reports
- Develop strategy to incorporate the objectives of Thermo Fisher Scientific into the region
- Establish relationships with key suppliers and negotiate improved terms as and when possible to increase profitability to the company. Promote core products and value added services
- Provide Role Model Leadership including coaching, goal setting and effective delegation to stretch and develop team competencies.
- Help Account Managers identify and satisfy customer requirements and ensure they comply with procedures and policies
- Develop and improve high level customer relations to improve position and profitability
- Continually measure personal and team success against regional sales plan making the necessary challenges, interventions and decisions to successfully deliver plan expectations
- Champion and leverage sales force automation and enablement tools
- Provide weekly updates and monthly reports to the Group Sales Director
- Develop and maintain a rounded understanding of the sales positioning of Thermo Fisher Scientific and its products within the various markets in which we operate.
- Review and manage compliance to KPIs (sales performance, call planning and rate, etc.)
- Maintain a high level of business knowledge relevant to the region and key market segments
- Experience across a wide range of customer segments including pharmaceutical, industrial and academic segments
- An ability to deliver a comprehensive value proposition to meet customer needs
- Demonstrate a high level of business acumen and a clear understanding of the sales management role involving individual coaching and team development
- Willingness to travel mainly within the appointed region in Austria and Switzerland
- Sound MS Office and sales force automation know-how
- Confident and outgoing personality, able to engage with customers across a range of settings
- Strategic selling, negotiating, team work and project management skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and time management skills
- A degree level education is essential, with preference given toward sciences or business administration.
- Fluent in German and English, both verbal and written
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Driving License
- Great career and development prospects.
- Employment with an innovative, future-oriented organization
- Social Benefits
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other legally protected status.