About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The EMEA Pricing Manager will be responsible for the Pricing Strategy within the Microbiology Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific, which will include analysing the current position, creating new processes and making any necessary changes in the short, medium and long term.
A key member of the EMEA Commercial Operations team, the EMEA Pricing Manager will provide strong commercial and pricing expertise and working closely with Sales, Marketing and Finance will provide day to day support for the newly implemented pricing tools and will be responsible for the annual list price roll as well as new product price loading.
This role would suit someone who enjoys working in a fast paced environment, to tight deadlines, has a desire to drive improvements and maintains high standards.
- Advise and influence the leadership teams on the pricing strategy for sales activities that will drive and optimise Business Unit growth objectives.
- Analyse the current pricing position across the region and work with the extended teams to address immediate requirements and develop the 2019 pricing plans and processes.
- Work closely with the Product Marketing team to assist with new product pricing and the loading of them.
- Ensure operational and analytical support is given to our Sales teams with a focus on the implementation of the pricing strategy, sales collaboration, pricing metrics and tools.
- Collaborate with the Global Strategic Pricing community in sharing best practices, insight and drive alignment with pricing strategy, tools and methodology.
- Create and maintain metrics to provide visibility to the business of any deadlines which need to be met and work with the sales teams to achieve these, with the confidence to escalate where appropriate.
- Demonstrated Commercial and Pricing experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Effective communicator (written and oral) and comfortable dealing with varying levels of internal stakeholders
- Ability to analyse and interpret data
- Results driven, with a strong desire for continuous improvement.
- Experienced in relationship building with internal stakeholders.
- SAP knowledge would be an advantage
- Organised with a focus on ensuring deadlines are met