When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain RF scanning guns and change batteries as needed. Report equipment problems to Picking - Lead.
- Prioritize, read and understand work orders and customer orders. Locate raw materials or finished goods and scan materials out of inventory using an RF gun.
- Pull items and deliver to production area or packing stations.
- Print and apply applicable product labels (pick for packing only).
- Must learn to operate turret truck, order picker, and motorized pallet jack. Keep work area clean and organized.
- Perform all other duties assigned by management.
Decision Making Authority
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Must have good mathematical skills, ability to read, comprehend directions, safety rules, packing slips, production schedules.
- High School Diploma not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Must be able to read, comprehead and follow direction.
- Ability to understand safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to have a flexiable work schedule and work overtime when needed which could include nights or weekends.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
Physical/Environmental requirements. (Refer to Physical Requirement Reference Sheet when completing this section.) Identify all requirements that apply to the essential job functions. (List specific activities.)
(1) Physical Activities: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly (more than 2/3 of the time) required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently (between 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) is required to climb or balance. The employee is frequently (between 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
(2) Level of Physical Requirements: The employee must regularly (more than 2/3 of the time) lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, frequently (between 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally (less than 1/3 of the time) lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. .
(3) Level of Visual Acuity: Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
(4) Environmental Conditions: Minimum of eight (8) hours per shift, five (5) days per week. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly (more than 2/3 of the time) exposed to fork lift traffic. The noise level of the work environment is usually loud. Fast paced environment.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.