Technical Support Representative
Job ID :
US - Michigan - Kalamazoo
- Responds to users problems by listening, clarifying, and responding within the scope of responsibility.
- Receive and process customer calls and emails, providing technical assistance, support and follow-up
- Record daily calls and all appropriate information in service ERP system. Provide technical support for Order Entry, Customer Service, and other Thermo Fisher Scientific personnel regarding product complaints, inquiries, availability, and catalog numbers.
- Acquire basic use of computer system for purposes of information retrieval and order entry.
- Assist with calls regarding product discrepancies, document appropriately and follow-up where necessary.
- Work with Product Managers to keep product information up to date, and to keep Technical Service Department informed of product up-dates
- Interface frequently with other departments to provide seamless support to customers and the field sales organization
- Provide in-house personnel with information on product requests and other competitive activity.
- Manage physical and logical hardware inventory within the department.
- Troubleshoot, investigate, repair, and document customer complaints of physical inventory within the department for quick turnaround.
- Prepare, Track, and ship units to correct address. Install end user applications using predefined process.
- Evaluate and Implement Process Improvements
- Attend professional workshops and seminars as assigned
- Participate in team coverage of on-call during non-business hours
- 3-5 years of Technical Phone Support or Customer Service experience preferred
- Knowledge of Anatomical pathology, or general laboratory services is strongly desired
- Demonstrated computer skills required to include Windows, ERP (JD Edwards) computer experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and must be customer focused with appropriate sensitivity and sense of urgency for customer issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, problem solving, listening, and organizational skills are strongly desired
- Ability to work independently, troubleshoot, and triage customer concerns
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Demonstrated technical product support strongly preferred to include; customer facing, phone based, or other documented function
- Demonstrated computer skills required to include Windows (MS Office) and ERP computer experience strongly preferred
- Critical thinking and logical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to facilitate and lead work groups
- Ability to track and perform multiple tasks
- Strong Organizational and interpersonal skills