Research and Development Mechanical Engineering Intern
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $20 billion, we have approximately 65,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
Summary of Internship
The Research and Development Mechanical Engineering Internship position provides an opportunity for engineering students who are currently pursuing a mechanical engineering, process engineering or similar engineering degree to get hands-on experience working with seasoned engineers in a fast-paced design, development and sustaining engineering environment. The R&D intern will contribute to development projects, including assisting with molding techniques and performing quality measurements.
- A R&D intern works under the close supervision of staff engineers, project managers, and the engineering manager.
- The R&D intern is responsible for providing engineering support related to product development projects including molding, testing and some design
- Support a variety of mechanical engineering activities and may be assigned to a variety of engineering tasks throughout the department
- Provide feedback on specifications and processes
- Accept candid feedback and look for areas of improvements
- Specific tasks will be tailored to the R&D intern’s experience level and abilities
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Strong willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Desire to contribute and improve design of new and existing molded products produced in our West Coast Operations facilities
- Student currently enrolled in college classes with an emphasis on mechanics (including maintenance).
- Mechanical engineering or similar engineering field
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!