Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally.
Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced International Tax Analyst, to work in our fast paced organisation considered a global leader in its field. This role will be part of the International Tax team based in our Paisley site.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating, supporting and monitoring the preparation of Corporate Tax Returns globally
- Working effectively with the accounting team, others within the company and with external tax compliance partners
- Monitoring the corporate tax payments for the organisation’s top tier entities
- Reviewing and supporting the preparation of the Return to Provision reconciliations for companies
- Interacting with other members of the Tax Department in Europe and the US
- Assisting in tax authority audits
- Providing reports to Management on status of Corporate Tax compliance
- Supporting tax accounting and participates in project work
- Managing own time on multiple tax assignments, working effectively with others within the UK tax team and communicating progress and results
Who we are looking for:
- Professional accounting qualification required
- Relevant experience in corporate tax compliance gained either within the profession or in similar role in industry
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise workload
- Professional tax qualification would be preferred, but not essential
- Excellent communicator, able to interact at all levels
- Fully proficient is MS Office, including Excel
- A desire to learn and develop own self
What we offer:
- On site subsidised gym
- Free on site car parking
- Flexible benefits
- Annual incentive plan
- Opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry!