Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
We are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Technician to join our Manufacturing team based at Inchinnan, Paisley, on a 6 month fixed-term basis.
Responsible for ensuring that the daily requirements for the manufacture of cell culture media and reagents are met and that performance expectations are achieved on a constant basis.
• Production of Liquid cell culture, this includes processing of raw chemicals to produce customer batches through aseptic filling techniques into custom packaging.
• Prioritises workload to allow effective completion in order to meet the Production Schedule and communicate to supervisors and production colleagues of any delays.
• Perform in-process testing to assure batches meet specification.
• Trouble shoot process issues and identify ways in which to improve manufacturing methods.
• Work within Health and Safety guidelines and to cGMP regulations at all times.
• Read and carefully follow established procedures as defined by training and operating procedures.
• Support cost improvement initiatives by reducing failures and improving efficiency through process improvement.
• Ensuring all information is recorded accurately to ensure set deadlines are met
• Perform tasks using IT equipment and dispensing machinery.
• May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
• Demonstrate the ability to think critically and have good organizational skills.
• Demonstrate knowledge in the use of basic computer systems such as Microsoft Excel.
• Demonstrate good time management resulting in efficiency.
• Exhibit a positive attitude.
• Demonstrate a good eye for detail.
• Demonstrate good communication skills.
• Demonstrate a good work ethic.
• Analytical Skills
• On the job training will be provided through a detailed 3 month training plan
• Experience of Process improvement /Kaizens/5S
Experience in a similar industry would be beneficial, however, full training will be provided. You must show a passion for this type of work and this industry and must be driven to continuously improve and fully engage in any initiatives that the team undertakes to make things better.
What we offer:
- Free car parking
- On site gym
- Private medical insurance
- A variety of flexible benefits
*LI - KP1