You will work with our User Experience team to translate interaction designs into visual designs and working prototypes. You will then work with the UI developers to implement the designs, assisting in the development of common re-usable UI components and patterns.
You will be joining a top development team, where you will be participating in all phases of product design and development. Candidate should be a highly-motivated individual who thrives on the challenges of working in new environments with the latest technologies. Successful candidates should have strong organizational, communication and collaboration skills; and must have the ability to communicate with team members and customers.
- Create wireframes as part of the application design process in an agile development
- Create functional prototypes in HTML/CSS to aid usability testing and development efforts
- Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers and product owners
- Collaborate with front-end Developers to standardize frameworks and component libraries
- Deliver clean, attractive, and permanent solutions that match or exceed user expectations
- Deliver reusable code and libraries for future use
- Effectively communicate and maintain relationships with team participants across organizational boundaries
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments
- Evangelize your ideas and collaborate with Lead UX Designer to create strong UX/UI designs, and use your knowledge to mentor others
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Web Development or related field of study
- 1+ years of experience in UI design and development
- Strong background in user interface design and development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in HTML5, CSS/LESS/SASS, AJAX, Progress/Telerik Kendo UI and JS UI libraries (e.g. Ext JS, jQuery)
- Experience in working with RESTful APIs and Web Services
- Experience in building high-performance, reusable and adaptive UI components
- Deep understanding of custom themes, overriding default styles, maintaining modularized CSS, and SASS
- Strong understanding of lightweight frameworks that provide more control over the HTML and CSS
- Experience in responsive design, using editors, forms, and techniques for displaying large arrays of data grid tables on smaller screens such as tablets and mobile devices.
- Familiarity working with standard widgets such as grids, trees, forms, layouts and other standard UI components
- Excellent Front end debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency in wireframing using Axure, Sketch, Balsamiq, InVision, Photoshop, and other prototyping tools.
- Appreciation for the unit tests and testing frameworks
- Thorough knowledge of development methodologies, techniques, standards, and the best practices; specifically, Agile (SCRUM, Kanban)
- Experience with Atomic Design
- Experience with globalization of applications; Internationalization and localization
- Implemented Single-Page Applications (SPAs)
- Familiarity with Bower, Git, and Gulp
- Familiarity with the OData web services standard
- Working knowledge of tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and Git
- Experience or interest in biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience or knowledge of laboratories and LIMS.