The Employee Communications Intern will report to members of the Employee Communications and Executive Communications teams and will contribute to writing, editing and developing messaging and content for an internal audience.
- Executive Town Halls – Contact sites around the world to gather information, prepare materials and compile results from town hall surveys
- Intranet – Assist with building out content on iConnect resource sites, including Leadership Communications Resources, Organizational Announcement Resources, Acquisition Resources, etc.
- Quarterly Earnings Communications – Gather business highlights, vet them and rewrite to prepare for inclusion in quarterly earnings communications to take place during Q2 (July)
- Write/edit organizational announcements as needed
- Assist with writing and editing as needed for other communications projects, including change communications, executive messages, etc.
- Assist with compiling of monthly/quarterly measurement reports for communications programs
- Collaborate with global stakeholders to research, write and edit news stories and other content for our company intranet (iConnect) and weekly employee newsletter (This Week at Thermo Fisher)
- Assist with development of employee profile features (My Work is a Story)
- Support other Communications projects as needed
- Outstanding writing skills
- Self starter, detail-ortiented, pro-active, ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Ability to anlayze and quickly grasp complex technical subject matter and translate it into messaging that is easily understood
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including ability to manage remotely as well as in a matrix environment
- Journalism, public relations and/or corporate communications experience
- Microsoft Office 365 experience, including SharePoint and Yammer
- Familiarity with AP Style
- Graphic editing skills a plus
- Minimum of two to three years of University-level study in journalism, English or communications
- GPA of 3.5 or higher