Job Title: Sr. Regional Marketing Manager
Group: Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG)
Division/Business Unit: Genetic Sciences Division/ Marketing
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Sr. Regional Market Development Manager is part of the commercial organization supporting the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) portfolio which provides high-value genomic data to assist critical decisions in research and applied markets - Quantitative PCR | Sanger Sequencing | Human Identification | AgriGenomics.
Sr. Regional Market Development Manager, NGS
The Regional Market Development Manager (RMD) for Next Generation Sequencing is responsible for the Go-to-Market strategy development, implementation and demand generation in North America. S/he will be responsible for developing and implementing local regional campaigns as well as implementing globally developed campaigns within the region in support of the yearly revenue objectives for the translational and basic research customer segments. Reports to Director, Regional Market Development.
The successful candidate will be a results oriented leader and will coordinate closely with Global Market Development, Product Management, Sales and other partners at various levels in the company. S/he acts as project lead and liaison to internal and outside vendors, maintaining excellent professional relationships, in order to facilitate the conversion of marketing ideas and messages into effective marketing programs.
- Lead cross functional teams as an individual contributor to develop tactical action plans that drive revenue growth
- Update quarterly marketing plans and network them with Sales, Product Management and Global Market Development
- Drive qualified lead generation programs that result in sales and long term customer satisfaction. Measure and report on market effectiveness
- Develop messaging & tools that communicate the value/brand directly to customers through multiple channels, including sales force, and digital marketing
- Gain customer insights to develop tools and shorten the sales cycle
- Maintain relevant knowledge of competitive activities relevant to his/her market segment of responsibilities
- Develop and implement sales force training with assistance from relevant partners
- Lead and drive strategy, cross-business coordination and tactical execution for selected North America-based trade shows and conferences, from large international conferences, to smaller local workshops and seminars
- Establish relationships with customers, key opinion leaders
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS
Required: Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, genetics, biology, microbiology, and/or cell biology or related discipline with >5 years experience in a Life Sciences marketing or product marketing role. Sales experience a plus.
Preferred: Masters degree (or higher) in a life science area and/or MBA
Required: Has thorough functional understanding of corporate marketing functions, planning and strategy
Required: Customer focused, results driven and demonstrated business acumen
Preferred: In depth knowledge of the sequencing market and competitors with knowledge of inherited and infectious diseases.
Required: Ability to work on problems of routine to diverse scope. Ability to influence at a senior level without direct authority. Identifies problems, proposes resolutions, answers questions from customers and sales colleagues, gains cooperation of others to implement efficient solutions.
COMMUNICATION, WRITTEN AND ORAL
- Participate proactively and consistently, and play an active, positive role in working through various levels of operating mechanisms, including internal and external partners to achieve goals of the company, customer, and colleagues.
- Ability to lead and provide functional area guidance and expertise to the team.
- Provide routine updates through verbal and written communication of successes, failures, best practices, etc. to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team.
- Must be willing to learn and take coaching from peers and supervisors/superiors, both in success and failure.
- Field travel as necessary (up to 30% travel)
- Utilize proven organizational skills to successfully manage territory sales activities.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com