When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Clinical Trials Division (CTD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking a Financial Analyst for their Center Valley office. CTD is focused on providing end to end clinical trial solutions for our customers. We don’t specialize in any particular therapy – we support them all. Our customers range from small biotech/pharmaceutical startups that lack expertise beyond R&D to large companies who prefer to outsource these services. We have the industry’s largest global footprint of FDA cGMP facilities close to clinical trial hubs around the globe so we can be where our customers need us - we provide the full suite of services in each of those hubs because we know there’s a patient waiting.
- Plan, analyze, and report on all aspects of global, functional Profit and Loss Statements
- Proficient ability to extract system (Hyperion) financial information, analyze, verify, and draw conclusions
- Identify profitability drivers and communicate findings/recommendations to Senior Management
- The ability to work cross functionally in a matrix reporting environment with internal business partners on projects including:
- Annual operating plan and subsequent forecasts
- Profitability improvement initiatives and related reporting
- Reporting enhancements and improvements utilizing latest media
- Collaborate with functional Senior Managers to develop reporting tools and reports, plus analysis and recommendations to optimize business results
- Drive productivity and efficiency through innovation, process improvements and PPI implementation
- Assist in procedures and reporting relating to monthly/quarterly/annual close
- Assist in Annual Operating Plan preparation
- Assist with financial reports and presentations (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually)
- Ad hoc requests
- Bachelors degree in finance or accounting is required.
- 3+ years work experience in financial planning & analysis (FP&A)
- Robust financial acumen in several areas including financial analysis, forecasting and reporting.
- Excellent skills with Hyperion (HFM) as well as MS Excel, MS Access, and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, incorporate external and internal information, draw conclusions from ambiguous data, and effectively benchmark results against appropriate baselines.
- Ability to analyze and communicate variances to functional leaders is required to be successful in this position, as well as the ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Strong business partnership ability exhibited through written communication, and clear and concise verbal skills, are required. The ideal candidate will have the ability to obtain operational buy-in with easy to understand analysis and presentations.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, possess good judgment, and prioritize projects and time effectively.
- Commitment to continuous learning, career progression and development, and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Exhibit leadership potential, initiative, and the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.