Group/Division: GSD and CSD
Reports to: Nicolas Marchon, LSG Sr Marketing Manager
Position Location: Brazil
Business Unit/Department: Regional Marketing — Latam
Career Band: 7
# of Direct Reports: 1
Position Summary: • Responsible for developing and driving regional market activities by efficient management and execution of adapted global strategies at local levels across Latam. Objective is sustain and expand current leadership positions at specific segments as well as develop new markets, delivering campaigns that provide brand awareness, education of targeted market segments and enable lead conversion to drive and help achieving divisional targets
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities: • Identifies and drives market strategies and tactics to deliver regional revenue, profitability and market share growth objectives
• Conducts market analysis and educates global teams to drive greater visibility to local opportunities, trends as well as local competitive landscape
• In collaboration with the BUs and divisions, Country and Regional Commercial teams develops regional initiatives to help achieving divisional targets and business objectives
• Works with Marketing Communications to implement promotional tactics and establishes metrics to assess performance of each promotional program and campaign.
• Works close to other divisional peers to capture synergies opportunities for bundles, campaigns, programs and projects
• Providing input on opportunities, product positioning and value proposition in the market for new and existing products.
• Identify and represent the regional market/customer needs to BU and divisional leadership in the development of new products and solutions.
• Take responsibility of new product introduction, coordinating timelines, local registration, training and tactic deployment
• Provide product positioning recommendations and guidance to the local sales organizations
• Coordinates appropriate product registration processes, prioritizing actions, support requirements and issues escalation along with product management teams
• Work close to marketing specialist outside Brazil to ensure we have local representation both ways: sales to marketing feedback and inputs and marketing to sales drives and guidance
• Coordinate along with event cell team divisional dedicated and related events organization, from the participation decision making through the execution
• Responsible for divisional Local Associations data reports
• Manage market share analysis along with business partners
• Keep alignment with divisional local leadership, acting as main marketing representative into divisional discussion and projects
• Informs and educates Sales teams and distributors within established or novel channels on a regular basis about new product introductions, Sales strategies, competitive and market situation, pricing and promos.
• Work across the local organization to build a sustainable Divisional coverage enough to capture growth opportunities and deploy business
Key Linkages: • Territory/Regional Marketing Teams
• Global Market Development
• Digital Marketing
• Product Management
• Sales/TSS and channels
• Service and support teams
• RMD peers
• A life science bachelor’s degree is preferred (eg Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry) with a degree or demonstrated experience in marketing/business administration/commercial or related discipline. M.B.A. is highly preferred
Minimum Requirements and Qualification:
• 5+ years of market development, support, commercial, and/or product management experience or related experience in Latin America region;
• Fluent in English, Spanish and Portuguese; both verbal and written communications
• Experience working in a global, matrixed-environment
• Proven track record of effectively driving large scale change initiatives from a business and cultural standpoint in Latin America Region
• Strong communication skills as well as analytical, project management and planning skills necessary.
• Ability to understand, analyze and assimilate complex issues, draw correct conclusions and formulate clear strategy and policies
• Ability to display credibility in mentoring and forging solid, positive working relationships with business units, division, group and country leadership and corporation
• Effective negotiation and influencing skills
• Strong business acumen and a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional and personal relationships with key business partners and customers positively impacting business growth
• Willingness to travel across the region and to the US and/or Europe up to 20% of the time.
• Demonstrates and drives the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I’s)