Staff Software Engineer (Team Lead)
Job ID :
Mexico - Ciudad de Mexico|Mexico - Guadalajara|Mexico - Monterrey|Mexico - Tijuana
- Hands-on management of a small team of highly skilled software developers, ensuring great execution of Agile/SCRUM processes and repeatable, predictable, and high-quality delivery of software solutions
- Participate in and oversee the design and development of new software and/or extensive software revisions.
- Work with the product owner to define technical requirements and priorities then create user-stories, designs, and development tasks to be delegated to the team. Oversee successful conclusion to sprints and releases.
- Represent the team in cross-organizational development forums as well as customer requirements gathering and software validation and training sessions
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to understand complex problems and resolve them efficiently, Use prior knowledge and experience to provide functional and technical support and leadership to colleagues
- Participate in training and orienting new software engineers as they join the team
Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- 3+ years experience leading a small development team in an Agile/SCRUM setting, with demonstrable skills in project/task estimation, delegation, and management.
- Very comfortable and experienced with designing object oriented software and services deployed in a client server or (preferably) cloud setting.
- Prior exposure to scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Bash) on Linux or Unix
- Data modeling, design and database programming using a variety of relational databases (Oracle, SQL).
- Has experience, instincts, and enthusiasm around testing and testability
- Is authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable. Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions. Is willing to ask difficult questions and take risks. Greets challenge and change as opportunity
- Experience working with geographically distributed team
- A highly motivated fast learner who can self-start and “figure out what needs figuring out”
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively document artifacts and processes then explain them to others
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or equivalently technical disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other leading cloud deployment platforms and services
- Experience with medical science solutions that manage genomic or biomedical data