When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Obtain service reports from vendor prior to departing site where possible,
- Review preventative and corrective maintenance event paperwork for:
- Appropriateness for the asset and service in question
- Sign off on paperwork
- Ensure completion of GxP paperwork and coordinate with onsite resources for appropriate storage
- Assist existing Asset Mgmt staff (Site Mgrs, Site Planners, Schedulers. Engineers) with aspect of program when required
- Provide compliance and quality system management support
- Maintain a continuous improvement mindset
- Sitting for prolonged periods working at computer station.
- Able to walk considerable distances on any given day (supporting separate buildings across the Groton site).
- Travel not required other than commute to and from work
- Understand customer requirements and coordinate interface with other teams for various support requirements.
- Maintain professional and customer-oriented relationships with team members, internal and external customers and service providers, and building occupants
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as requested.
• 3+ years of customer experience
• 3-5 years of previous asset engineering experience – Centrifugation, HPLCs etc.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Must be able to read, write and speak English
• Must possess a High School Diploma
• Experience in laboratory setting or services
• Must display a high level of confidentiality for both the customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
• Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics 4I Values
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
• Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
• Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
• Must possess the operating skills to enter data in various systems as necessary.
• Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
• Must be able to use a computer and possess basic skills in Microsoft Office suite of software.