Executive Summary: The Director, Finance is a key leadership role accountable for driving the growth & operational execution of our Pharmaceutical Development & Commercial Drug Product services business units. As a co-owner of the P&L with the site General Manager and other Leadership Team members, the individual formulates, shapes, and drives a progressive strategy and accompanying financial plan to execute and achieve the site’s growth objectives. In addition to leading the development and implementation of the strategic plan, this individual will sit on the site’s leadership team and interact with the other directors, site VP/General Manager and senior corporate leaders to set direction, drive change, and execute on deliverables that meet the short term operational needs and longer-term aspirations of the site and the overall network. Demonstrated analytical, forecasting and financial modeling skills, with the ability to translate complex scenarios into insights that will support the profitability and growth of the business are required.
- Formulates a market centric growth strategy, supported by a site based investment & operational excellence / productivity plan, to achieve our long term growth goals.
- Serves as the financial leader in key site business decisions while leading with an operational posture to help mentor and model leading financial practices cross functionally.
- Collaborate on major client bids, linking contract pricing & terms to the overall investment strategy to ensure a comprehensive view of overall site profitability plans.
- Partner with Business Management & Supply Chain leaders to implement an integrated Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) system. Ensuring full cross functional ownership & alignment to our financial forecasts & underlying drivers.
- Enhance site capabilities in the areas of working capital management and capital / capacity planning.
- Join with the broader Thermo-Fisher Scientific Operational Excellence teams to implement Thermo-Fisher’s Practical Process Improvement “PPI” program across the site, driving lean practices to increase capacity while driving annual productivity gains.
- Elevate the Finance function to a true business partnering role within the organization while simultaneously working to enhance the functional capabilities in terms of systems, processes & controls. Partner with the Global Shared Services teams to optimize outsourcing programs to allow greater site Finance focus on growth initiatives.
- Develop and mentor the Finance team for career growth and development.
- BS/BA in Finance or other related field required (and MBA preferred); CPA/CIMA (or country equivalent) strongly preferred
- 8-10+ years relevant experience required; 5+ years of manufacturing experience required; pharmaceutical experience is a plus
- Must be able to interact with and influence the most senior levels of the organization
- Transformation mindset – ability to think strategically & drive transformational change
- Demonstrated business acumen (i.e., ability to understand and then execute against the company’s business strategy)
- Collaborative; encourages cross-functional cooperation and builds strong working relationships between the finance and operating teams
This position has been approved to provide relocation assistance
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.