Job Title: Senior Global Market Development Manager - Waltham, MA
Req ID: 64060BR
Group: Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG)
Division/Business Unit: LPD/ Marketing
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Are you passionate about creating integrated marketing campaigns for both B2B and B2C customers? We are seeking a Global Market Development Manager for our Laboratory Products Division, focused on driving growth in applications and attachment of our laboratory equipment and plastic consumables businesses. The Global Market Development Manager will create and execute on comprehensive marketing plans to develop compelling multi-channel marketing collateral and sales enablement tools. S/he will collaborate with product management and regional market development partners to support new product introductions and sustaining marketing awareness for our business. Working in collaborative, cross-functional teams, the Market Development Manager will drive all aspects of the downstream marketing effort for laboratory products.
What will you do?
- Develop strategic, multi-channel integrated marketing plans for areas of responsibility, including customer segmentation, competitor analysis, business trends, market opportunities, sales funnels, and staging and pacing of tactical programs
- Guide the development of copy and creative content for identified markets, appropriately positioning products within compliance guidelines, while conveying strong value propositions and clear product differentiation
- Create and implement appropriate marketing content across multiple channels, including social media, web, video, print, and more
- Develop sales force training and customer education material in collaboration with product management, R&D, regional marketing, and commercial teams
- Develop and manage a robust lead generation funnel
- Coordinate with global functions to ensure consistency with brand profiles and company standards
- Collaborate and ensure alignment of marketing plans and sales training materials among Product Management, Regional Market Development, Commercial Partners, and other stakeholders
- Successfully engage with advertising agencies and marketing program managers to deliver high-quality assets, including, but not limited to, creative direction and content for print and digital collateral, PR, social media, customer-facing presentations, global tradeshow properties and promotional materials
- Maintain campaign metrics dashboards to measure the effectiveness of marketing activities
- Maintain knowledge of the trends and competitive activity
- Manage marketing budgets and optimize the promotional mix on campaigns to achieve a high return on investment
- Act as a brand ambassador, understanding, upholding, and communicating our multi-brand strategy in all aspects of our marketing programs
- Interact with varying levels of internal and external personnel including direct customer communication and public presentation
How will you get here?
- Bachelors Degree, Marketing experience, MBA strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience developing marketing strategy and successfully implementing marketing plans for scientific instruments or consumables.
- Exceptional communication skills as well as analytical, project management and planning skills necessary.
- Demonstration of digital marketing expertise with proven campaigns in display advertising, search engine marketing, social, video and automation approaches.
- Experience with product area marketing plans, general knowledge of operating plans or industry practices for promoting and selling similar products.
- Strong business acumen and customer focus are essential.
- Must be able to manage project scope, budget and schedule to achieve timely completion of project deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science, engineering or related degree.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilitie
- Knowledge of the following key competencies: 4Ps and marketing mix, marketing communication, communication channels, channels-to-market, segmentation, value proposition and marketing program development and execution.
- Experience in developing successful lead generation programs using multi-channel strategies to drive funnel fulfillment.
- Experience with marketing and voice of customer VOC.
- Travel is required. (25%)
- MBA strongly preferred.
- Adept at building and maintain relationships with customers and key opinion leaders
- Strong creative intuition on design and messaging that resonates with customers and an ability to learn from previous campaigns to improve on performance
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com