The Channel Operations Manager (COM) supports and implement the SDG APAC channel strategy development as a means of strengthening the SDG’s market presence and accelerating growth. The COM will employ his/her skills in operationalising analytics and integrate them into the commercial processes to enable the commercial teams to make the right decisions quickly and on time. It will enable Thermo Fisher Scientific to provide channel partners with a good experience and excellent partner services.
The COM will ensure that the implementation of agreed channel strategies and operational processes, through a defined governance process, defining roles and responsibilities, and are supported by up-to-date analytics. The COM is accountable to the SCM, in collaboration with the commercial teams, for operational channel management, supports in delivering the financial goals of revenue expansion and margin uplift, and the benefits of expanded coverage, while increasing partner satisfaction. The COM reports to the Senior Manager, Channel Management, APAC, Specialty Diagnostics Group
- Collecting data from channel partners and internal stakeholders on a fixed interval and integrating the data analytics into all dashboards
- Creating interactive dashboards that provides up-to-date and real-time data for all commercial stakeholders and channel partners
- Collect channel partner evaluation results from commercial teams in the territory for updating of the dashboards
- COM supports SCM in performance evaluation of channel partners minimum once a year to validate the results that were collected monthly or quarterly
- Supports SCM in continuous development, training and implementation of the channel management Playbook for standardised processes, systems & tools including key performance indicators in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Disseminates clear performance metrics/scorecards to our channel partners, and work with the local teams to enforce them by establishing a regular cadence of dialogue and performance reviews
- Providing data to commercial teams to enable them to create and update the market assessments of their regions
- Using data analytics to measure the performance of enforcing channel governance processes, establish an operating cadence for on-going monitoring and review of channel effectiveness. Provide recommendations for change and improvements to SCM
- Develop a set of reports and a comprehensive set of leading and lagging indicators and maintain a dashboard for SDG Leadership Team by country/Division/BU and APAC level for monitoring progress and performance of local teams in channel strategy adherence and execution
- Assist the SCM in monitoring the local teams in their channel partner performance dialogue and evaluation.
- Collaborating with IT to establish a central data repository and dashboard function.
- Supports onboarding of selected channel partners by assisting commercial teams to set performance goals and institute metrics to measure and enhance performance
- Supports solution development efforts that best address end-user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Commercial Administration, Marketing or Finance
- Six+ years of work experience in any industry, healthcare industry related commercial will be an advantage, with good knowledge of markets in the Asia Pacific countries
- Three+ years of proven work experience in data analytics and dashboards
Skills & Attributes:
- Visible ownership and self-drive
- Skilled in data analytics and able to operationalise and integrate analytics into processes and dashboards.
- Capable of creating interactive and real-time dashboards
- Thrive in an environment where quickly establishing credibility with all levels of customer and internal stakeholders is critical to success
- Influence and partner with individuals/teams within complex, global, matrix organisation across a significant number of stakeholders
- Good organisation and time management skills, including working independently and unsupervised, able to prioritise and handle multiple tasks/projects
- Resourceful and results-oriented (driving to deadlines, financial targets, project goals)
- Take the initiative through problem-solving and system thinking
- Good financial and business acumen, interpretation and analysis skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, including a demonstrated ability to understand and communicate complex commercial concepts to a wide variety of audiences
- High willingness to learn, seeking continuous improvement in skills, knowledge and techniques to further develop role into Best in Class
- Must be able to travel within APAC region frequently