When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Director of Project Management (DPM) will provide end to end project management leadership (concept to completion) through the Biosciences Division, Business Transformation Office (BID – BTO), fully owning the mechanisms which ensure successful project delivery.
In this role, the DPM will partner with Business Leaders to drive execution of key STRATEGIC initiatives that span across company groups, divisions, and business units. These projects are focused on transformational ideas with the belief that, implementation of these beacon projects will change the basis of competition.
The successful DPM is expected to provide strategic thought leadership to Project Leaders, workstream leaders, stakeholders, and executive sponsors while demonstrating a keen eye for the tactical elements of projects. The DPM is required to drive projects that span multiple businesses within Thermo Fisher Scientific.
What will you do?
- Responsible to drive transformational cross-functional/regional projects which are strategic in nature to the ongoing evolution of our business.
- Instrumental in developing a data science driven strategy and culture. Works closely with business units and functions to ensure alignment and implementation of a well-considered vision.
- Function as a thought partner to Business Leaders and act as a liaison between the BID Leadership Team and project work stream leaders to ensure the business needs have been met and are delivered on schedule. Address conflicts or issues as they arise, escalating as necessary, in order to overcome any obstacles.
- Identifies key issues and risks, recommends options which are supported by a clear fact set and analysis, builds business cases to support revenue and/or cost synergies programs, cost-to-achieve/budget, etc., facilitates and negotiates individual and team decisions. Requires an understanding of stakeholder motivations, politics and impacts to the organization
- Utilizes effective project, business process, and team management skill sets to achieve business results
- Owns end to end success of the project, ensuring accountability, execution of timelines, and continuous change management to deliver on-time, qualitative result
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or information requires an in-depth evaluation and knowledge of various factors impacting the overall outcome of the project.
- Demonstrates comfort with challenging the current thought process of staff and status quo of business processes
- Lead project status and cross-functional alignment reviews while monitoring interdependencies through appropriate recurring and one-time mechanisms
- Acts as a consultant to business leaders in development of execution plans involving resource allocation, work plans, timelines, and financial outcomes.
- Develop and lead the execution of change management plans, including functional training and internal/external communications. Evaluate organizational readiness for change, as well as intervention mechanisms to overcome resistance to change.
- Deliver and/or lead presentations for steering committees and executive staff
- Effectively influence all levels of stakeholders in highly matrixed organization.
How will you get here?
- Minimum nine years’ experience with at least six years in a lead role for successful completion of complex, cross functional project/program development and delivery.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of data science and its implementation in the life sciences business; able to navigate and work comfortably across all functions to ensure alignment and execution to a shared vision of data science.
- Must be able to interface with varied audiences including senior leadership, and to work effectively in a matrix environment across multiple functional areas (product management, R&D, finance, commercial, operations, HR, etc.).
- Must be able to quickly grasp complex data points, see linkages that span across various areas and be able to synthesize a coherent picture and drive knowledgeable discussions that enhance the final outcome of the project
- Must be able to lead multiple projects simultaneously and fluently navigate competing demands with zero impact to deliverables.
- Demonstrated organization, analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Must be quantitative and detail-oriented.
- Must have good financial acumen to help manage project KPI’s.
- Must have effective oral & written communication and executive presentation skills.
- Demonstrate solid proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Requirement (Behavioral Attributes):
- Self-motivated, Self-managed, Self-aware are non-negotiable attributes
- Positive, can-do-attitude is a must
- Must be willing to take on multiple assignments in a fast-paced organization
- Must be able to establish instant credibility with project teams and leadership alike
- Must be able to work in a highly matrixed environment and be able to influence without authority
- Demonstrate ability to perform in a highly visible/complex scenario
- Demonstrate high emotional intelligence and situational awareness
- Demonstrate strong leadership and command
- Demonstrate ability to conduct business with top executive leadership
- Demonstrate calm voice of reason amidst escalated scenarios/stressful situations
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills a must; must be able to build strong, long-lasting professional relationships
- Must be able to coach and mentor colleagues where appropriate.
- Must be open to feedback and demonstrate humility and empathy in day to day interactions
- Sense of humor
Requirements (Strongly Preferred):
- PMI Certification
- PMP Certification
- PPI/Lean/Six Sigma Certification
- BA or BS in Life Sciences preferred; MBA preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com