As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 20 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 800 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. We employ experts in several different functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, support functions and supply chain. We hire experts in different engineering fields, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Vantaa site is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits.
Please find more information on www.thermofisher.com
ACCOUNTING MANAGER / KIRJANPITOPÄÄLLIKKÖ
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting for an Accounting Manager, Joensuu Operations. Reporting to the Finance Director in US, the accounting manager will be a key member of LPD Finance Team supporting the Laboratory Plastics Essentials (LPE) business. This position is responsible for correctness of General Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll for Joensuu Operations. This position will be responsible for ensuring compliance with US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
We are looking for an individual who has several years of experience in general accounting in a matrixed global company with a strong aptitude in financial analysis. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through the course of your career.
- General Accounting: Including general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, sales & use tax and payroll
- Applies Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Corporate Accounting Policy and seeks guidance from Sr. Director, Finance in complex situations
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of transactions and journal entries to support monthly closing and reporting process
- Provides financial advice by studying operational issues, applying financial principles & practices and developing recommendations
- Responsible for accurate submission of financial results and supplemental reporting in HFM & CMR
- Implement standard operating procedures in the general accounting, book close and reporting functions in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley policies; Ensure that the control structure is understood, maintained, and monitored within each of the functional areas
- Manage internal and external audits and work with applicable functional leaders to develop sustainable remediation plans
- Identify areas of opportunity to create efficiencies in processes and procedures for the general accounting function
- Provide support for quarterly balance sheet reviews
- Drive working capital initiatives in the area of receivables and payables; Responsible for driving Joensuu DSO objectives
- Develop an enhanced working knowledge of key operating systems: iScala and Hyperion Financial Management
- Assist with the monthly/quarterly corporate reporting package by providing insight on receivables and payables and responding to other corporate requests
- Manage completion and submission of annual packages and Supplemental reporting
- Work cross-functionally with HR to implement procedures related to accurate and timely Payroll processing; Collaborate with Vantaa Shared Services to implement any suggested process improvements within the legal entity
- He/she should have a minimum of 5+ years of progressively responsible business experience
- Strong knowledge of Excel (i.e., financial models and analysis), PowerBI reporting tool (or equivalent), PowerPoint and Hyperion is preferred.
- An ideal candidate will possess strong aptitude in financial analysis
- An undergraduate degree or Master’s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting is required
- Fluent spoken and written language skills in English and Finnish
- An excellent understanding of accounting principles
- Good analytical skills and an eye for detail and good organizational skills
- •ommitment and self-motivation, including the ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Financial and business acumen and high standards of professionalism and ethics
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Partnering with functional leaders, Business Unit and Division-level Finance leadership
- Implementing and maintaining effective financial reporting processes
We additionally value:
- Experience in the Life Sciences industry is desired
- Experience in a global manufacturing organization is desired
We look forward to receiving your application in English, including a cover letter, CV and salary request. Please apply via https://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 62764BR.
Application deadline by 4th of April.
Should you have any questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Essi Lovén-Kujala, Senior Recruiter, 050-3586635 on Wednesday the 21st of March between 12-13.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.