Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer, and the work to fulfill that mission requires tremendous passion and dedication. If you want to take a back-seat and watch the road ahead, this is not the role for you. If you want to be part of a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $20 billion in annual revenue, then we want to hear from you. No other company can match our range of customer touch points—technologically, geographically or commercially. We help customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
Working within the company’s Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) the Director, Change Management, will lead a team of change and communications professionals who support cross-functional, cross-divisional projects, including, but not limited to, acquisitions, integrations, and organizational transformations.
We are looking for a change management leader with a strong background in employee communications – someone who can partner effectively with senior leaders and project teams to develop effective change strategies, lead the creation and delivery of supporting communication materials, and coordinate with those responsible for applicable training strategies. The right person for this role is someone who can do it all: craft the strategy, manage stakeholders, develop materials, and ensure effective deployment. The ideal candidate thrives in a complex, ever-changing global environment and is skilled at aligning teams around common
messages and approaches.
- Responsible for the team’s global Change Management function and lead a team of senior change managers as well as work with a number of other team members to manage a variety of change initiatives.
- Engage with business and HR partners representing different parts of our organization to guide them through a change management process and the development of appropriate strategies to successfully implement change initiatives, keeping employee engagement top of mind.
- Ensure the right amount of process is brought to bear based on the scope of the change, and are flexible in your approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Serve as a natural connector, developing effective networks and sharing information and expertise whenever you have the opportunity.
- A Strong attention to detail, but one that does not come at the expense of the big picture.
- 10-15 years progressive experience in corporate or employee communications, with an emphasis on change management and strategic communication. Experience in Organizational Change Management (OCM) a plus.
- Minimum 8 years progressive experience in creating and implementing change management strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, public relations or a related field is required. Master’s degree preferred. Change management certification (Prosci or CCMP) a plus.
- Demonstrated success in effective team management and people development.
- Demonstrated success in facilitating and resolving issues among stakeholders with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Awareness of global and cultural differences. Experience with global change initiatives a plus.
- Ability to communicate complex information in simple, easy-to-understand ways.
- Ability to recommend appropriate change, communications and training actions and provide broad support for a large, complex project.
- Ability to identify, escalate and turn around issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to take ownership and independently drive progress in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to engage/partner with multiple constituents while driving time-sensitive solutions.
- Ability to produce quality deliverables and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, collaboration, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Strong MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills.
- Organized and capable of multi-tasking. Strong attention to detail.
- Thrives in an environment of ambiguity and change. Calmly and confidently manages through change.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically, as needed.
- Sense of humor and flexibility is key.