The post holder is primarily responsible for leading a team of Logistics coordinators, overseeing the process for export/ import delivery of supplies, and ensuring the service(s) provided by the team meets the delivery, quality, and timeline requirements of both the client, and the company.
The Logistics Team leader will manage the activities of the department in order to meet the business plan for Fisher Clinical Services, Horsham.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
All tasks relevant to meet the job summary including but not exclusive to:
- Recruitment, training, performance management, and development of all direct reports
- Team training on projects, and delivery of services to key clients
- Management of team cross training , and new study management associates
- Providing cross training of other staff upon request of line manager.
- An understanding of clinical trial supplies, and the overall services provided by Fisher Clinical Services
- The role of Logistics in the delivery of services to all clients
- Pro-actively handle client enquiries and issues
- Pro-actively handle internal enquiries and issues
- Check study data is correct with regards to Logistics requirements,
- Standard Operating Procedures – Update existing procedures, and create new SOPs as required.
- Reasonable exposure to client. Generally with other FCS representatives during an audit.
- Provide information directly to clients as and when requested.
- Recommend best solution for direct to site shipments from safe passage/customs clearance perspective.
- Reasonable exposure to client with regards to client meetings.
- Ensure relevant order related paperwork is filed in accordance with regulatory and study requirements.
- Ensure that the process for Import permit applications is adhered to and timelines maintained.
- Day to day management of couriers
- Monitoring acknowledgement of order receipt from the courier web site and ensuring that the Global Project Management system (GPM) is updated.
- Management of importation process.
Assisting in the investigation of internal non-conformances.
4. Decision Making / Financial Authority
- Under the direction of the EMEA Logistics Operations Manager, Logistics staff recruitment in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Delivery of Logistics solutions to the Project Management
- Financial accountability as detailed in the Fisher authorisation matrix
5. Principal contacts
- Direct reports
- Finance dept
- Distribution Project Managers, Client Services
- Business Planning Distribution
- OPD Order Processing Department
- Despatch Warehouse
- Quality Assurance
- Customs and Excise
- Counterparts at other Fisher Clinical Services, facilities
6. Education / Qualifications
- GCSE or equivalent in relevant subjects
- Qualifications within the logistics, and clinical trial area
Experience / Skills
- Relevant experience of distribution, and logistics, preferably in clinical trial and/or commercial Pharmaceuticals industry.
- People management and coaching skills
- Able to prioritise workload, and ensure others meet timelines.
- Able to work under pressure, and support others within the team
- Able to analyse problems and define solutions
- Ability to influence others to achieve objectives
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, and adaptable with strong customer management skills
- Customer focused and commercially aware
- Computer literate in Excel, Word etc
- Interpersonal skills/communication
- Builds Customer Allegiance
- Embraces PPI
- Drives Growth
- Leverages Business Acumen
- Communicates Openly
- Develops People Including Self
- Drives Continuous Learning
- Builds Organisational Relationships