As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 20 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 800 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. We employ experts in several different functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, support functions and supply chain. We hire experts in different engineering fields, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits.
Please find more information on www.thermofisher.com
We are looking for a forward thinking quality manager to develop our quality system.
The selected candidate will work with several cross functional improvement projects to ensure compliance to set requirements, e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and to maintain the effectiveness of the system.
We are looking for a proactive, self driven and result oriented team player. You enjoy working with high technology products and driving multiple initiatives at the same time. You want to develop yourself and the way of working. We offer motivating and multi-divisional tasks in innovative and international working environment. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through the course of your career.
- Execute the QS management review and manage Quality Metrics
- Lead and participate in Improvement Projects
- Create and coordinate creation of key OS procedures and processes based on feedback, set quality goals and to ensure customer agreement fulfillment
- Act a manager for the Joensuu quality team
- Act as process owner of defined processes e.g. CAPA process
- Provides Quality System training and consultation
- Create and manage the internal audit plan and organize and participate in customer and other external audits
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) and advisor in area of expertise e.g. ISO13485
Experience/Qualifications/Qualities for the ideal candidate:
- At least 3 years of experience in managerial role in ISO 13485 certified medical-device manufacturing company
- Experience in quality system requirements; ISO13485 and 9001, auditing and problem-solving techniques
- Good written and spoken English and Finnish, other languages are an advantage
- Excellent ability to write documents and describe processes in Finnish and English
- Master or Bachelors degree (science, technology) or experience of similar job
- Good prioritization and organizing skills in a matrix organization
- Skill set in conducting discussions with international partners and being able to work effectively in global organization
- Good interpersonal skills and proven track record for developing and coaching employee team in a continuous improvement environment and passion for driving business improvement in a large, complex, and heavily matrix global organization
- Ability to handle competing priorities with confidence and integrity
- Ability to operate and use IT tools, and willingness to coordinate development of IT tool solutions for effective management system
- Skills in product/process validations applying various statistical principles to sample size determination and result assessment
The following additional qualifications are highly appreciated:
- Knowledge and experience of standards; ISO 14971, 14001, 17025
- Experience of pipetting and lab products including laboratory applications
- Experience of metrology, dimensional measurements and functional testing of plastics
- Statistics knowledge. Able to use statistical software such as Minitab or equivalent
- Experience in clean room operation/requirements
Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 45010BR. Please apply by Sunday the 8th of April 2018.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.