Job Title: IT Project Manager III
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity
Digital Engineering Team is engaged in cloud-based science platform engineering and development of rich scientific desktop/enterprise-hardened cloud-ready and cloud applications. The cloud applications are micro-services-based Java/JEE web apps deployed on AWS Infrastructure and distributed in a SaaS model. The design and development follows the industry-standard scrum-based agile development process.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The IT Project Manager (a.k.a. Scrum Master) provides agile/scrum expertise and coaching for a cross-functional development teams building a public cloud based SaaS delivery platform and associated application services.
IT Project Manager responsibilities include
- Act as a servant leader with the ability to collaborate and influence without formal authority
- Help the team grounded in agile/scrum values and principles, and in enabling the team to become more effective at delivering working product each sprint
- Coach the team on agile/scrum values, principles and techniques
- Schedule, facilitate and support all Scrum team level ceremonies such as sprint planning, stand-ups, sprint review/demo and retrospective
- Facilitate the collection of accurate team level metrics from Jira to be shared with everyone, and leverages the metrics for the continuous improvement of the team
- Work closely with other coaches to identify improvement areas, and assist in changes to best practice
- Ensure required artifacts are produced and readily available for PMO memorialization for the purposes of audit and compliance
- Resolve impediments and dependencies, seek ownership and follow up on resolutions; escalate issues outside of the scope of the team
- Represents their team for Scrum of Scrums in order to coordinate/sequence dependent work
- Works with the Release Train Engineer, Product Management, and team’s Product Owner to ensure the team is prepared for program level events such as PI Planning, Inspect and Adapt and System or PI demos
- Reporting to the Senior Management and other stakeholders regarding the overall progress and any issues/risks identified at any level
- Certified Scrum Master with 5+ years of hands on Scrum Master or project management experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other leading cloud deployment platforms and services
- Exposure to design, development and automated testing of SaaS and PaaS products
- Exposure to regulated software development, testing and deployment methodologies
- Thorough understanding of agile/scrum software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Strong leadership skills, exceptional team player and team builder
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including facilitating teamwork and negotiation.
- Excellent planning, organizational skills, and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively with dispersed, remote and global teams when needed.
- Ability to anticipate issues, risk and work proactively to develop alternatives to ensure delivery
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, establish and manage competing priorities, work independently and be proactive and perform effectively under pressure.
- Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential.
- Adaptable - leverages Agile to help the team versus holding the team to strict principles
- Knowledge and/or experience with modern software development techniques: Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Test driven development
- Bachelors in Engineering or Master degree or equivalent
Location and Work Environment:
We are hiring in Bangalore, India.
Thermo Fisher enjoys a relatively casual work environment, with open areas that foster collaboration. Like most places, we get very busy at times, but we value a healthy work/life balance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.