Business Card Title: Customer Service Representative
Reports To: Customer Service Supervisor
Job Profile Name: NFP Customer Service Representative
Career Band: 2
Job Track: Associate
Position Location: United States (Various)
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Day/Shift (if applicable): Day/Evening
FLSA Status (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Non-Exempt
Relocation (if applicable): No
The National Fire Preparedness (NFP) team works closely with safety sales representatives for fire departments, military, government resellers and GSA customer accounts. This team assists sales with sourcing product, applying the appropriate government contract pricing to orders and quotes, creating highly customized orders along with all general customer service needs.
- Responds to and resolves customer requests including processing orders, requests for pricing, product availability, delivery, billing questions as well as returns and cancellations.
- Answers product or service inquiries, and support customer in facilitating communication for technical assistance as required.
- Works with other departments within Thermo Fisher Scientific and with our Suppliers to find solutions for both internal and external customers.
- Accountable for resolving customer complaints (First Call Resolution) and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Follows established service quality standards and meets established processing times and follow-up actions in accordance with departmental standards (after call work, order accuracy etc.)
- Creating highly customized quotes and orders.
- Determines the correct pricing structure dependent upon the type of customer, military or municipal.
- Stays abreast of new processes and initiatives within the company
- Displays a customer service orientation. Excellent interpersonal skills/friendly and outgoing personality, and enjoys assisting others.
- Demonstrates superior communication skills including probing, active listening and written skills. Ability to exhibit patience and empathy and diffuse customer dissatisfaction.
- Proactive problem solving and decision-making.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and quality.
- Strong organization and planning skills in order to meet customer commitments in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to embrace change and actively encourage others to remain positive through change.
- Ability to learn and apply new information.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team. Demonstrates resourcefulness.
- Solid understanding of our mainframe and ability to work within multiple software programs.
- 5+ year’s customer service experience in an inbound call center environment.
- High School education required; college degree preferred
- Creative problem solving skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent product and process knowledge for a specific market
- Solid understanding of computer basics (Windows, Excel, Word, Email, and Internet)
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.