When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for managing the Richardson manufacturing team and reports to the Operations Manager.
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by selecting, training employees, and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules, resolving problems, and reporting results.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Provides manufacturing information by analyzing production performance records and data.
- Creates and revises systems, procedures, and work instructions.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel and maintains compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- 5+ years of direct Supervisory and/or Management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Mechanical and/or Electrical assembly knowledge. i.e Robotics, PCB assembly
- Vacuum experience a plus.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.