Staff Scientist, Validation - LC/MS
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The LCMS Staff Scientist,Validation will be a high performing, dynamic individual who will be part of the LSMS Research and Development (R&D) group. The incumbent will be responsible for verification and validation of new products within various Product Development groups, particularly focused on clinical applications using the triple quadrupole instruments. The position will require interaction with our customers and various groups within the company, including global demo centers, Product Marketing, Vertical Marketing, commercial teams, as well as Research and Development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead verification and validation activities on various hardware and software platforms in support of Thermo Fisher Scientific`s new product development.
- Work with product marketing and scientists to generate sound requirements and to develop, execute and document all verification and validation activities.
- Laboratory duties, including evaluating applications on new and existing Triple Quadrupole, Ion Trap and Hybrid LCMS platforms in support of research.
- Familiarity with applications in all markets with particular focus Clinical applications with Thermo Fisher Scientific`s TSQ instruments
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education & Requirements:
- BS/MS/Ph.D degree in Science (chemistry, biology or related discipline).
- 5-10 years work experience with solid hands-on LCMS background and expertise in small molecules or omics method and applications development – this is a non-negotiable requirement
- Strong knowledge of both LC and MS instrumentation. Must be comfortable discussing the components of a mass spectrometer, aspects of liquid chromatography, mass spectrometer ionization sources and their impact on an application.
- Strong domain knowledge of the one or more of Proteomics, Lipidomics, Pharma/Biopharma, Clinical or Food & Environmental analytical industries
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in validating and performing routine clinical applications on triple quadrupole mass spectrometers.
- Ability to work in a fast paced multi-disciplinary matrix managed environment
- Ability to present results in a public forum
- Ability to travel 10-15% annually globally
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Capacity to develop a strategic understanding of the Thermo Scientific brand, the life sciences industry, analytical instruments, and software
- Excellent strategic thinker with solid written and verbal skills
- Ability to plan and execute activities with a strong sense of urgency to deliver results
- Strong ability to form relationships with Product and Vertical Marketing
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement