When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How Will You Make an Impact?
You will assist the Corporate HR team in strengthening and maintaining Human Resource Programs designed to service employees and provide a solid Human Resources information base. This position contributes to the corporate headquarters productivity and innovation through supporting activities such as, recruitment, compensation, benefits administration and other activities to support the corporate HR team.
What will you do?
- Communication and Administration –New Employee Orientation, document and personnel file administration, preparation of reports, wellness programs, support setting up of town halls and social events.
- Support and Guidance on HR issues – Provide support and guidance to corporate headquarters colleagues on questions relating to HR policies and procedures along with the Site Focused HR Partner.
- Compliance- Help support the annual Affirmative Action Planning, Reporting, EE01 and Vets reporting.
- Support Benefits and Compensation administration – Help support the administration of benefits, FMLA and leave administration. Administer the organization’s end of the year total compensation process and any off cycle processes. Support review and development of job descriptions.
- Payroll administration – Work with the Site HR partner and payroll team to review of payroll registers, one time payments, severance payments and other payments.
How will you get there?
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Business, Human Resources or equivalent field required.
- Minimum of three years of Human Resources related experience required.
- Excellent working knowledge of HR principles, practices and standard processes as typically acquired through related HR experiences.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills are a must. Proficient using Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Strong experience in change management, with particular focus on new systems implementation.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and advanced problem solving skills and be a self-starter, willing to take initiative, able to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and ensure that workflow and administrative requirements are accomplished in an organized, efficient and timely manner.
- An ability to work independently or in a team and to handle multiple deadline driven tasks in a dynamic environment is essential.
This position has not been approved to provide relocation assistance.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.