When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The manufacturing team at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Bedford) is responsible for manufacturing and testing chromatography media (large and small scale), disposable columns, and Performance Optimized Polymers and Chemiluminescence synthesis/formulations. We are seeking an energetic individual with strong communication, leadership, technical and operational skills to join our dynamic and fast paced team. The candidate will follow SOPs and work in compliance with safety, regulatory and quality guidelines. This position will provide direct labor within multiple work centers and will provide indirect support for projects/troubleshooting, maintenance, engineering and/or training initiatives.
- Become a process owner; provide training and technical leadership within the specialized area.
- Address and report problems in daily manufacturing and propose effective countermeasures.
- Critically review processes and provide input to supervisor.
- Proactively identify areas for opportunity and drive efficiency results.
- Complete projects as assigned and obtain high quality results.
- Execute manufacturing protocols accurately and with limited supervision.
- Guide more junior team members
- Perform multistep organic synthesis.
- Interact effectively in a cross functional setting.
- Use highly specialized equipment and instrumentation in daily manufacturing.
- Perform duties within the corporate EH&S Standards.
- Adhere to ISO 9001 and 13485 guidelines and the Thermo Fisher quality policy.
- Responsible for the completion of all tasks assigned daily (working O/T may be required).
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering field/Chemistry, or the equivalent knowledge and experience
- 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing, engineering or research environment
- Familiar with validations and equipment IQOQ
- Experience with statistical analysis tools
- Experience in a ISO 13485 environment
- Must be able to work independently as well as work with a diverse team.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and to manage multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment is essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required to be effective in this role.
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of SAP or similar inventory control systems desired.