When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Ensures the long-term success of business by equipping the site with processes, systems, and behaviors to enable associates to adapt to the changing business conditions. Facilitates and leads team efforts to identify key improvement opportunities and develops systems to sustain continuous improvement process.
- Work with Senior Leadership Team to determine strategic direction and financial needs of the site, and align continuous improvement initiatives based on these needs
- Execute, coach and follow-up with Management, Supervisors and Associates to ensure continuous improvement initiatives are being executed according to plan
- Ensure Managers are driving continuous improvement in their areas through the observation funnel & method change process
- Identify gaps in current processes and determine the best corrective action, the deliverables and key people required for the proposed solution
- Ensure Managers use the Management Operating Systems in the way they were intended through Daily Schedule Review Meetings (DSRM) & Daily Operating Report (DOR)
- Train newly hired people, transferred or promoted managers in the mechanical and conceptual understanding of the Management Operating System
- Identify, research, develop and implement lean tools and methods while collaborating with the PPI-Lean Enterprise group. Ideal methodologies would emulate TPS; Lean Leadership, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen Blitz, Cell Design, Material Flow, 5S + Visual Management, Lean Sourcing, etc.
- Challenge organizational leaders as necessary to create an action-based culture of continuous improvement and accountability to improve their KPI’s, including growth, productivity, asset utilization, inventory, and customer allegiance.
- 5+ years’ experience in similar operational excellence type role (or experience implementing Lean Six Sigma techniques) within a manufacturing environment
- Sound knowledge of cGMPs, SOPs and HSE regulations
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Proficient computer skills (i.e. MS Word, Excel, ERP, MS Project, Power Point).
- Green Belt (or Black Belt) certification preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.