Position: Process Operator
Location: East Grinstead
The Microbiology Division (MBD) sits within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Speciality Diagnostic Group. Our customers worldwide trust our microbiology solutions for the diagnosis of infectious disease and detection of bacterial contamination.
The MBD East Grinstead site is the only manufacture of the Sensititre product range, which includes anti-microbial susceptibility testing (AST) products. Our AST products are used globally to determine which antibiotics a particular bacteria, such as e-coli, MRSA or e-tuberculosis, is sensitive or resistant to.
The Sensititre products can to help ensure patients are on the most appropriate treatment plan and are intended to be used in medical, pharmaceutical and veterinary markets. The manufacturing of medical devices is a highly regulated industry, and Thermo Fisher Scientific employees are critical to ensuring that we remain compliant with regulatory bodies and codes, including the FDA and ISO, to be able to continue making a difference.
The Production Department is comprised of the Production Laboratory and the Process Department and is responsible for daily high volume batch manufacture of the Sensititre product. Reporting to the Process Department Team Lead, the team of 14 are comprised of Senior Process Operators, Dryer Operators and Process Workers. The Process Operator works within a controlled clean area to dispense batches of product as well as within the packing room.
- Dispensing line: Feeding plates into, checking plates produced on, loading plates onto trays ready for drying;
- Packing line: packing dried plates in foil pouches, boxing pouched plates into sales units
- Accessory products: Assembly, bagging and/or packing of other accessory products as required.
- Other: Reconciliation of batch numbers, manufacture of ID seals, general cleaning duties in controlled clean area and packing room areas.
- An efficient team member, you can build solid relationships which enable effective collaboration;
- You are able to communicate with your colleagues in a positive and productive manner;
- With excellent attention to detail, you are able to accurately update and maintain documents;
- You understand the importance of having and following process.
- Lifting and carrying moderate weights is an integral part of this position.
- Competitive salary
- Core benefits including: a generous annual leave allowance, private medical insurance, pension and employee assistance programme
- Flexible benefits including: cycle to work scheme, annual gym pass scheme and other salary sacrifice options
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com