The Customer Service Supervisor oversees a team of Customer Service Representatives (CSR’s) who deal with customers over the phone or online. The CSR’s respond to varying customer service requests from order placement, quotations to delivery in addition to possible specialty functions such as claims/ deductions, processing returned goods, escalations, etc. The Supervisor trains, coaches and mentors employees on how to deliver the best customer service possible and align with the Company goals and objectives.
- Guides and directs a team of CSR’s towards achieving operational goals such as accurate order entry, timely response to requests, telephone metrics, achieving quote deadlines and meeting quality standards.
- Ensure all work is properly distributed and prioritized, creating an even workload across team
- Maintains strong working knowledge of company’s brands, systems, process and procedures to be able to provide daily support and guidance to the employees.
- Monitors and evaluates individual CSR as well as team performance using daily/weekly/monthly reports
- Holds regular coaching, goal setting, and performance meetings with the CSR’s, to continually improve the services and nurtures an environment where the staff can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
- Contacts customers with escalated issues to achieve full resolution for the customer.
- Actively supports company’s drive for continuous improvement and is involved in innovative solutions that increase customer allegiance and profitability.
- Bachelors Degree preferably in Science or Business or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and motivate a team to optimal performance.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to relate well to customers, employees, and peers.
- Strong ability to place customer satisfaction first.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues.
- Strong analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and procedures, understand and act on customer requests, and respond to issues with creative problem solving.
- Excellent organizational skills to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer literate and working knowledge of customer service software, databases and tools.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess the leadership and supervisory skills be able to lead, coach and motivate a large number of employees along with excellent interpersonal skills to relate well to employees, peers, various levels of management, and have a strong customer orientation to develop strong customer relationships.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills to be able to evaluate, interpret information and procedures, understand and act on and resolve issues with creative problem solving.
- Must possess strong organizational skills to meet deadlines, assist staff in prioritizing work and handle multiple projects.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine issues.
- Must be able to be focused on continuous improvement while showing respect for individuals.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.