The Sr. Financial Analyst is the principal financial advisor and business partner to the Head of BioProcess Sciences (BPS) and his/her team for the Biologics Business Unit. The BPS Sr. Financial Analyst will support this team by coordinating, preparing and analyzing monthly, quarterly, and annual business reporting and forecasts. This role provides financial decision support on a wide scope of operational and strategic matters impacting the achievement of the Business’s objectives.
- Distribute weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to the BPS leadership team and the FP&A Manager
- Provide relevant data, analysis and fact-based recommendations for BPS across the Biologics business unit
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial analysis focusing on commentary and interpretation of results to provide business insights
- Support the annual budget process, as well as, monthly forecast updates for the BPS segment
- Coordinate the reporting and analysis activities within the BPS segment
- Assist with developing the appropriate set of performance metrics and profitability analysis for the BPS segment and then report and analyze these metrics on a consistent basis
- Prepare cost center reporting and analysis on a monthly basis in coordination with site finance leads
- Analyze historical and forecast data to perform trend analysis
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and initiate activities to implement improvements
- Stay abreast of the economic and business trends in the industry, and partners with the business on all aspects of financial support
- Provide support for special projects/analysis as needed within business unit
- Assume other Finance and Business Analysis responsibilities as determined
- Strong business acumen and judgement
- Financial analysis, planning and reporting skills that generate business insights that add measurable value
- Ability to influence management within the business area
- Excellent interpersonal communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment and capable of gaining commitment and coordinate action for initiatives
- Demonstrate the following behavioral attributes: Adaptable, Resilient, Accurate, Inquisitive, Influential
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to develop and manage processes that are effective and efficient
- Proven ability to work with professional discretion and confidential information
- Travel Requirements 10-15%, mostly US-based
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA or MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in controlling/business finance positions
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
- SAP experience is a plus
- Hyperion experience is a plus
- Advanced desktop application experience Microsoft Power point, Excel, Word, and Access
Note: This job description is not all-inclusive. Additional duties may be performed, as assigned. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time.