How you’ll make an impact
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
What you will do
As a Sr. Executive Assistant, you'll be at the center of fast-paced growth, using your stellar office and project management skills to support the SVP & General Counsel. You’ll use discretion and diplomacy while working with stakeholders across the company and your mastery of time management, logistics planning, organization, and attention to detail will ensure flawless execution of multiple priorities. In addition you will:
- Learn the Corporate Legal primary business objectives to anticipate support needs.
- •Ensure the SVP gets where he needs to be on time through planful meeting scheduling and arrangement of complex global, multi-city travel.
- Schedule and coordinate complex executive meetings, bringing together geographically dispersed teams, managing logistics, and documenting follow up activities.
- Collaborate and build relationships to drive results in a global matrixed organization experiencing change and transformation.
- Research, compile, summarize, and analyze information to make decisions, find answers, and respond to various inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Utilize the full suite of Microsoft office products to prepare high quality correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Complete projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress and problem-solving.
- Manage expense reporting, process vendor invoices, and support annual budget process.
How you will get here
- Associates Degree or combination of education and experience (5 or more years); Bachelors degree preferred
- 8+ years of executive assistant experience in a professional office environment, large organization preferred, with 4+ years providing direct c-level support.
- Demonstrated experience in working independently to identify, analyze, and solve problems with creative solutions.
- Skilled and experienced in the art of organization and time management to juggle multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid judgment, tact, and diplomacy skills in dealing with internal and external customers as well the ability to handle highly confidential and proprietary information.
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to respond to last-minute changes while maintaining poise and a positive “can do” attitude