Under the direction of a designated supervisor, co-op will be assigned projects to plan, design, and direct their installation/construction to assure safe, timely completion within budget and according to established project scope.
Engineering Design and Project Management
Accountable for the design, supervision, control and monitoring of engineering projects using Project Management process to assure that the designs and specifications will achieve the full desired objective of the project, focusing on reduced costs, improved productivity, quality and Good Manufacturing Practice compliance.
- Assist in developing User Requirements, Functional, and Design Specifications for facilities, utilities and equipment.
- Assist in selection and supervision of the engineering contractor as needed.
- Monitoring progress and assure all assigned projects are being completed as intended, on time and within budget.
- Assist in developing and present recommended project solutions along with realistic cost estimates to internal clients.Make appropriate changes to the scope as the scope changes during the course of the project.
- Assist in developing, review, and understand engineering drawings that include equipment recommendations.Assist in specifying construction methods to achieve the desired objectives.
- Assist with development, review & understand specifications for new equipment with equipment vendors and site customers.
- Assist with development, review & understand specifications for facility modifications with contractors and site customers.
Engineering Construction Supervision and Start-Up of a Project
Accountable for directing, controlling and monitoring construction phases of engineering projects to assure that the project is implemented per the established scope, on time, and within budget. Assure compliance with all Good Manufacturing Practices required documentation for all installed equipment.
- Assist in the creation of detailed bid packages for contractors & equipment vendors.Select and direct construction contractors /equipment vendors.
- Develop, review & execute commissioning protocols.
- Develop, review & execute Installation Qualification (IQ)/Operational Qualification (OQ)/Performance Qualification (PQ) protocols and utility change control documentation.
- Continually monitor the contractors’ safety performance and promptly rectify any safety violations that occur.
- Continually monitor the contractors’ quality of work and promptly rectify any quality or job performance deficiencies.
- Assist with managing the process of installing and commissioning equipment and/or modifying facilities to meet site customer and company client requirements with minimal interruption to operational schedules, ensuring good engineering practices are adhered to for the construction, installation and commissioning of new processes and facilities.
Project Administrative Tasks
Control, audit, and be accountable for project costs to assure that approved funds are effectively utilized.Track project costs and authorize payments to contractors.
- Maintain projectrecords and communicate to supervision and upper management project costs, status, and safety conditions
- Develop and maintain effective written and verbal communications to report project status to supervisor.
- Complete formal end of term presentation to effectively communicate projects to key site associates.
- Requires Engineering Bachelor’s Degree Program (Mechanical, Chemical, or related discipline)
Years of Experience
- No minimum experience required
- Basic understanding of the practices, principles, and theory of related engineering discipline.
- Ability to be a team member and a team leader.
- Evidence of leadership skills.
- Evidence of good verbal and written communication skills.
- Evidence of time management skills.