European Order and Logistics Coordinator
Division: Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
This position is a European centralised function. It is a position within a team who will be responsible for all Field Service Engineers orders. They, by following their main activities ensure that the Field Service Engineers order is placed in SAP, picked, packed and shipped. Any backorders are communicated and follow up provided regarding an estimated delivery date. There is a strong communication with the Logistics planning team.
- Ensure same day shipment of service spares to Field Service Engineers by accepting orders by the telephone, email or voicemail.
- Ensure the requested delivery is achievable and the field service engineers are aware of the approximate delivery costs. Enabling the FSE to make the right judgements of desired transport service.
- Perform special order handling services such as, coordinating parts requirements for across borders, tool ordering and placing orders outside the SAP computer system.
- Resolve order placement issues by working with in-house partners
- Perform order follow-up activity such as managing aging orders, communication of expected delivery, and miss-shipment resolution.
- Analyse and resolve complex problems resulting from failure to follow procedures or errors resulting from shipping or picking.
- Organise the return of field product to the EDC and enter requests in the various tool systems accordingly
- Take responsibility for the FSE’s inventory count; investigate and resolve inventory discrepancies for the service organisation.
- To be able to provide a set of reports to include inventory management reporting package, aged RMA’s and open invoice values.
- Invoice the intercompany values and quantities to the commercial organisation.
- Ensure quality issues are logged into the Quality SAP management module.
- Record keeping for ULS inbound shipments (i.e. maintaining and reviewing the shipment and entry related documents from brokers)
- Import broker management (e.g. day-to-day inquiries, etc.)
- Export broker management for EDC shipments (e.g. day-to-day inquiries, etc.)
- Signing off documents for (exception) export shipments.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to work across all levels and functions.
- Demonstrates strong organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities
- The ability to work in a busy and pressurised environment
- Knowledge of SAP is desirable
- Additional Language skills is a positive asset
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a Customer Service environment.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Contact Elena Lambrianides directly if you have any questions- firstname.lastname@example.org