Human Resources Generalist – Madrid - Spain
Number of direct reports: 0
Reports to: HR Director Iberia
Location: Madrid - Spain
The HR Generalist provides comprehensive HR support to defined employee and manager populations, supporting improved business performance, delivery of the business objectives and employee engagement. This includes continuing to develop a culture based on the 4is and continuous improvement, attracting retaining and developping Talents. The HR Generalist delivers day-to-day operational HR services to managers and employees through the full employment life cycle.
Foster strong business partner relationship with key leaders and interface with Business HR Partners to ensure full insight and high level of business acumen to create HR tactical plans that enable the businesses to fulfill their goals and drive growth.
Implement HR practices that develop and provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, continuous improvement, productivity, goal attainment and the ongoing development of a superior workforce. Promote a positive One Thermo Fisher company culture.
Create and drive a culture of employee engagement to enhance workforce performance and productivity by: driving and supporting engagement surveys ; partnering with leaders to deliver timely and effective communications ; influencing operating mechanisms to ensure alignment with strategic growth plans ; recommending and implementing strategies for maintaining a positive work environment ; counseling and coaching employees and managers regarding employee relations issues to conclusion in line with company policies and procedures.
Support and drive change management related to the implementation of organisational effective solutions, like organizational changes and restructures.
Drive talent, including through yearly talent tracking and assessment processes.
Work closely with leaders to identify required competencies, performance levels and appropriate development and training programs. Coach leaders to build people management capabilities.
Work collaboratively as One HR Team with all the components of the HR organization to improve effectiveness, cohesiveness and collaboration and to yield greater results for the businesses.
Partner with HR1 and the HR Platforms to facilitate annual calibration and compensation planning processes, prepare for talent reviews, provide development opportunities, support recruitment strategies and processes including review and approval of requisitions, participation on interview panels and execution of new employees on-boarding activities.
Actively contributes to integration and harmonization of HR practices, policies, terms & conditions and benefits.
Stay current on relevant country employment laws and other human resources compliance issues.
Lead local unions and workers council discussions ensuring compliance with legislation as well as alignment across the country.
- University degree within HR related subjects.
- +5 years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources.
- Confortable within a matrix organisation and a performance management culture.
- Direct experience in all aspects of human resources: organizational training and development, employee relations, staffing, labour relations (Works Council) and compensation to include sales compensation.
- Experience in a commercial and operational business environment, acting as a business partner; demonstrated customer-focused approach.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and deal effectively with sensitive situations
- Ability to quickly build and sustain relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Experience as a successful member of a business management team, preferably in an international environment.
- Ability to challenge and influence managers.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, coaching and change management skills.
- Excellent communicator, structured, self-driven, organised and positive.
- Fluent in both Spanish and English. Portuguese language will be a plus.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as active listening skills.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.