Job Title: Intern – Security Analyst
Cyber Security Analyst
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $20 billion, we have approximately 65,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
Summary of Internship
This position functions as part of a team of analysts in the US-based Security Operations Center for Thermo Fisher Scientific. Analysts monitor and investigate anomalous network activity and alerts, participate in advanced threat hunting, and triage/mitigate threats. The position starts in June, paid working 40 hours per week through August. Opportunity exists for this position to continue through the academic year on a part-time basis to allow for class schedules.
- Monitoring and analysis of alerts and anomalous network activity
- Process incident tickets
- Initial triage of events/incidents
- Implement appropriate mitigations
- Provide occasional on-call support
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Must possess excellent organization skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong willingness to learn
- Knowledge of computer networks, basic protocols, general cyber security principles
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to an accredited degree in Information Assurance or Cyber Security, or related discipline