We are seeking a Project Manager to work as part of the Informatics Services delivery team, you will deliver professional consultancy services related to the implementation of Thermo Fisher Informatics products. Expected to manage projects and lead a team of technical resources.
- Manage projects and lead technical delivery teams within projects
- Management of the day-to-day activities for medium and large-scale global multi site LIMS projects.
- Prioritization of project deliverables and activities.
- Tracking and monitoring of project issues and escalation to management as appropriate.
- Overall project schedule and project deliverables responsibility.
- Reporting of tasks and milestones against the plan internally and to customers’ stakeholders.
- Scheduling of project meetings; compilation of minutes and actions/decisions made throughout the project.
- Tracking of project time and deliverables against budget and requirements.
- Provide forecast of billable time.
- Deliver successful performance relative to defined performance metrics
- Work onsite, face to face with customers at all levels
- Ability to handle challenging situations in a calm and professional manner.
- 5+ year’s software implementation project management experience in an external client environment.
- Full understanding of a complete project lifecycle within enterprise software, including SDLC.
- Experience with software implementation within a validated systems environment, including 21CFR Part 11, ISO 17025, GxP, etc.
- Experience leading and managing technical and software validation teams as part of large-scale, multi-site LIMS or other enterprise software deployments.
- Proven track record of working in a high-stress environment and working on multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong people management and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, Visio, and Microsoft Project.
- PMP certification a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in scientific or information technology field.
- Organized with ability to prioritize work load and work under pressure
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focused
- Willing to travel up to 50% of working time over any one year period
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Experience in customer facing role
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Significant relevant experience in project management of enterprise software applications
- The job will require significant travelling to customer sites and the possibility to work out of the home office