Job Title: Production Technician
Effective Date /
Last Modification Date: 29JUN17
Sets-up, operates, and maintains the classified environments and manufacturing equipment for pharmaceutical
products. Requires proficiency in; cleaning and sterilizing equipment, gowning and aseptic techniques, preparing
equipment and components for operations, operating and troubleshooting mechanical equipment, following
approved procedures and proper documentation.
1. Ensures operations are performed in a safe and responsible manner striving to create an injury-free and incidentfree
2. Ensures pharmaceutical products in manufacturing are in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and other batch related activities. Verifies and documents
production activities in batch records, logbooks, etc.
3. Assists in troubleshooting operational and production problems in order to identify appropriate corrective
4. Performs the disassembly, assembly, cleaning, and operation of area manufacturing equipment. Prepares
equipment and components for operations. Possesses general mechanical, electrical/electronic, pneumatic, and
hydraulic knowledge of pharmaceutical industry equipment.
5. Assists in the commissioning of new equipment and production areas. Assists in initial and subsequent
validation of equipment and processes.
6. Maintains/cleans classified environments/areas.
7. Communicates and works to resolve any production, quality or safety issues.
8. Complies with all job-related safety, cGMP, and other department procedural requirements.
9. Participates in the On the Job (OJT) training program, area safety initiatives, and area lean manufacturing
10. Trains new employees.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalency is required.
Minimum one year of work experience in manufacturing/production required; pharmaceutical or related field
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Effective verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work
independently. Flexibility with departmental work schedules, including overtime and all shift operations. Ability to
achieve and maintain qualifications to work in a cleanroom environment. Ability to drive a fork lift and other mobile
equipment to locate product and equipment as needed.
Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations;
ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch periodically for prolonged periods of time; manipulation (lift, carry,
move) of medium weights of 25-50 pounds; occasionally pushing and pulling 50-100+ pounds; arm, hand and finger
dexterity, including ability to grasp and type for prolonged periods of time; visual acuity to use a keyboard,
computer monitor, operate equipment, and read materials for prolonged periods of time; ability to sit, reach with
hands and arms, talk, and hear for prolonged periods of time. Ability to climb stairs and ladders. Full range of
motion in upper and lower extermities.
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The
description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers
and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
Nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required
skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply
with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of
the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.
FOR HR USE ONLY
Job Code(s): Greenville, NC MFUS0013
Job Category: Individual Contributor- Support
FLSA Status (US Only): P4S Non-Exempt