When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is in the Instrument and Equipment Services Division’s Global Service Operations Organization and reports directly to the Sr. Manager of Analytics and Business Intelligence.
How will you make an impact?
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Analyst to join our analytics and business intelligence team. The team provides analytical and business intelligence support to the Thermo Fisher Scientific Instrument and Equipment Services Division to help drive more effective business decisions. This is a dynamic role that will require the candidate to work on a variety of projects and partner with functional leaders across the organization. A sampling of responsibilities include, but are not limited to, developing PowerBi dashboards for key performance indicators, performing deep dive analytics and formulating strategic recommendations, participation on PPI (practical process improvement) teams, providing analytical insight for ad hoc requests. The ideal candidate will have a strong quantitative background with a demonstrated track record of driving data driven solutions to complex business problems. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team with global responsibility that partners closely with the division’s leadership to drive transformational change. In addition, Thermo Fisher Scientific has a demonstrated track record of success, is employee focused, and offers unlimited possibilities for career growth.
What will you do?
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills combined with intellectual curiosity
- Ability to synthesize large and complex data sets into pragmatic strategic recommendations with limited guidance
- Demonstrated ability leveraging business acumen to drive results that delight internal stake holders
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to prioritize key initiatives and effectively manage (not ignore) lesser priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with members of global, cross functional teams
- Experience working with leaders to define, implement, measure, and report key performance indicators
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple objectives simultaneously
How will you get here?
- Undergraduate Degree preferably in Finance, Economics, or related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years of related work experience performing analytics / business intelligence
- Strong Excel skills (ability to leverage advanced formulas to solve complex problems) coupled with proficiency in Office 365 applications (PowerPoint, Word, Access, Flow, etc.)
- PowerBi – Must have the ability to transform transactional data into robust dashboard visualizations coupled with experience in data acquisition, architecture and modeling
- Experience with Business Objects and/or Cognos business intelligence tools
- Familiarity with SQL & SQL Server a plus
- Familiarity SAP Cloud for Service a plus
This is a US based position with the candidate having the ability to work remotely. Travel will be minimal but may be required on a quarterly basis.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.